Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hello Friends,
How is everyone? I hope things are going great, here is a little bit about what has been goiong on with me lately...

Things at the Pantry are still amazing, I am still loving everything about my job and the people I work with and the community I serve. Thanksgiving was extremely busy. I wrote some details in the blog (you can access it from CM website) Things are not too busy right now but next week we anticipate it being a little more busy. I was sucessful in reaching goals for food drives and for recruiting home deliver volunteers. I had a deadline of the 31st so that is exciting! The home delivery program was actually written up in the Chicago Tribune yesterday so I wanted to share that with you all,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0612130209dec13,1,3446868.story?coll=chi-newslocalchicago-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true
I hope the link works, if not I can try again so let me know!

As far as community goes. Things are still a struggle. We had a pretty heated discussion last week about the way we conduct dinner conversation. Our definitions of discussion and conversation are different. Anyhoo, I keep praying and know that things will get better. I just count the blessings and make thebest out of the times we spend together.


As far as spirituality goes, well something hit me yesterday. I was in the shower yesterday after finishing a book called, "Georgia on Her Mind", a good inspirational yet gossipy book, I recommend it! Anyway, thius book helped me realize something, for the past few years, not only through relationships, but in general I have been putting the things most important to my life and my being on the back burner. I never made intentional time for God and prayer and I was not intentioal in my family life. If you have read this book this might make more sense. I'm not sure how to express what happened but I have oficially closed a chapter in my life and started a new one. I have decided to wake up a half hour earlier to pray and reflect and read the bible, just to be with God in prayer and thought and eat breakfast, breakfast is key and I haven't been good about it. I feel re-juvinated almost, sounds cheesy but these are answers that I have been praying for for a long time. I am glad that I can share this with you.

I come home in 9 days and I am so so excited! I also extended my stay form a week to 10 days so if you are going to be in San Diego, I better be hearing from you! The weather got really cold for a while but now is not so so bad, today is in the upper 40's which actually is not too bad. It did snow over a week ago and it was cold enough that the snow stuck for over a week and is still around in some areas. Well, I hope everyone is doing well now that the semester is coming to a close and breaks are coming up. Warmest wishes to you all and thank you for reading about my experiences. I am so grateful that I am able to share these things with you.
Happy Advent!
Love, hugs and blessings
Shelley
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home